Saturday, April 7, 2007

Make Your Party a Hit Record

Stupid title, I'm sorry. JWW and I were wandering around SoHo last week, looking for a birthday present for PK. We finally found one, a good one, but before we got there it was more Oscar-and-Felix than Ernest-and-F.Scott. Grumbling as we wandered around the MoMA store, Crate & Barrel, and go knows where else, looking at stemware, trying to find the perfect martini glass. As if turning 30 was the same as getting married. And PK already got married. And I'm sure he got plenty of stemware.

What we did find is that apparently people are totally OK buying a lot of really cutesy-crap, specifically, adult-type people buying anime backpaks, Teletubby-esque furniture, and god knows what else. The only redeeming thing that I found on this excursion was dip bowls, from Vinylux, which are sufficiently hip. I guess. Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who starred in last year's stylish but non-sensical Brick, has a new short films project called Hit Record. But I think he's flipping the verb and the noun. Just FYI.

No comments: