Monday, October 22, 2007

The Spirit of Jazz


NW sends me an email a little out of the blue asking "What's going on with your new comedy show???" Umm, nothing. Although, I guess I have been talking some game lately. Not big game. Just some game. Still, I got to get over that hump and buy a camera. Until then, nothings happening, and it is all talk. Any suggestions, John?

NW also recommended these Brits to me, the Mighty Boosh. I hadn't seen them. I guess NW has cable. And a TV. I don't. I have to admit, I love Gervais, but I'm getting a little worn down by the "Isn't it?" movement in British comedy, a term I'm coining to describe the painfully self-aware comedies that feature painfully un-self-conscious characters hyper-verbalizing their own buffoonery. That's why I found the Kids in the Hall- inspired surreal fantasy of the clip above appealing, and which I really like, more than anything else that I saw of the Mighty Boosh. My favorite part, of course, is about the hat.

No comments: