Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sonic Redemption

God save CD and NG! I hate to profit off of someone else's misfortune, and the fella whose ticket I was lucky enough to get apparently went head first over his handlebars and is pretty messed up, replacement teeth necessary and all. So, my friend, my thoughts are with you -- and this isn't meant as salt in your wounds, but Sonic Youth was awesome!

The hipsters were out in force, young and old alike, and the night turned out to be perfect - warm, but not hot. For old rockers, SY looks great and sounds better. To echo CD, I thoroughly am enjoying this new rock gimmick, of playing albums in their entirety - and Daydream Nation is a pretty good record to rock out on. Sonic Youth did just that, with the twin guitar attack of Thurston and Lee in as fine form as I've ever seen them. Add to that an extended encore featuring a handful of tracks of the last two records, and it made for a thoroughly enjoyable rock and roll show...

Photos from Flickr user forklift

No comments: