Sunday, June 7, 2009

#ShakeTweet

For those of you who still, inexplicably, care, I'm trying something new on Twitter.

The first premise is this: I really have not yet found a remotely interesting use for Twitter, either as a platform for me to communicate or for me to passively observe.

Secondly, everything about Twitter seems to demand something much more high concept than what it is being used for.

Thirdly, I apologize in advance if you must unfollow me, for a while or forever.

Fourthly, this will involve Shakespeare. And although my first thought was Richard III, RM smartly dissuaded me. My next thought was The Tempest, but, shockingly, the bookstore was out, and this starts tonight or never. So it will be Much Ado About Nothing.

Fifthly, while the initial thought was a line by line recount of the play on Twitter, that seems perhaps too obnoxious. So this will be a close reading with selected lines tweeted, but with no tweets to interrupt.

Finally, the near-restoration of workplace sanity means that hopefully both my consumption of good stuff in the world (food, drinks, movies, music) and reporting back will increase, as will, I hope, a marked uptick in actually trying to be interesting again... over the standard channels. This blog. The other blog. Flickr. Now this Twitter nonsense. Not Facebook. And Email.

No comments: